Friday, June 24, 2011

How I Recovered Lost Photos When Digital Camera Shows 'Card Locked' Error

The best feature of digital camera is that we can view the images and videos soon after capturing them. Different from the film based cameras; it uses memory card to store the captured photos and videos.

The memory card is an electronic storage devices used to store digital information. It facilitates to re-record the photos and videos over them. Sometimes, due to accidental deletion, virus infection, or improper way of handling of digital camera; makes the stored data inaccessible.

Consider a practical case. In this summer vacations, I went to my Grand Parents home with my kids. The meeting was awesome as four generations of my family were there at the same time. I captured some very pleasant memories on my digital camera. My little brat pulled out the memory card out abruptly.
After some time, when I reinserted the card and switched on the camera, following error encountered:

"Card Locked"

After this error, I was unable to access any photo from the memory card. There is nothing worse than this can happen to me as I was in deep loss of all those precious photos.
While searching for the card recovery tool, I found the causes and resolution respectively:

The reason behind this error is; Read/ Write error like:
  1. Switching off the camera during write process or the while the camera is saving the image.
  2. Pulling out the card without switching off the camera.
  3. Capturing the images or videos even after the camera is indicating 'low battery'.

After researching on internet and other online blogs, I found that either my card is physically damaged (which was not applicable with my case) or it has been corrupted due to mishandling.

My card may be corrupted; so I research on various card recovery software and tested some of them which recovers lost, deleted photos from corrupt card. Finally I got my photos back using one such wonderful software called Digital Photo Recovery.

The Software previewed all my photos and finally I purchased it only online with few bucks which are very less as compared to my precious photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment